Author: Ashley
•7:16 PM
Oh the goodness. This recipe was inspired by Namely Marly. I edited it slightly and it did not disappoint! Forgive the lacking presentation. The last thing I'm interested in when it is time to eat is finding my camera and making my food pretty. So i take the photo with my iPad and eat it up immediately! I am excited to start trying recipes from my Vegan Cooking book but I need to use what I bought for recipes from my Pinterest board first.

Onto the good stuff...

Ingredients

  • Tortilla chips (your choice of flavor/brand but I used a spicy bean variety)
  • Vegetarian refried beans (I personally don't think this added much but if it "ain't broke don't fix it" and since the recipe was amazing,I will use it next time)
  • Chopped sweet onion (I used about 1/3 of the onion)
  • 1 tbsp EVOO
  • Fire roasted red bell pepper
  • Vegan chick'n strips
  • Vegan cheese (I use Daiya and really like it)
  • Salsa
Method

Preheat the oven to 350. In small pan, sautée onions in EVOO. After they have carmelized, take them out and put a few of the Chick'n strips in the pan and let them heat thoroughly (I used 3). This will only take a few minutes. Place the tortilla chips on a baking pan and spread each one with refried beans (no magic amount...whatever looks good to your taste buds). I layered the rest in this order: onion, Chick'n, bell pepper, cheese, and salsa (lots and lots of salsa). Put it in the oven until the cheese is melted. The chips under all the yumminess will be soft but I think it makes it better that way. And when you're finished devouring it, feel free to lick the plate. No one will judge you (unless they see you).

This entry was posted on 7:16 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: